Please note this recipe contains ghee which may not suit those with dairy allergies but can be replaced with oil of choice**
BANANA BERRY BREAD FOR LITTLE ROSE
1 C Gluten Free Flour
2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
1 C Shredded coconut
2 Tablespoons ground flax
^^ I only had flax seeds and coconut flakes so I whizzed my in the Nutribullet to get them nice and fine ^^
2 Tsp GF baking powder
1/2 Tsp Bicarb
Pinch of pink salt
1/3 C Coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
1 No Egg powdered egg replacement ( 2 tsp powder to 2 TBSP water)
*a flax egg would work also if unable to use the egg replacement, or an egg would be great if able to have eggs!
1 Tsp vanilla
*I used organic vanilla bean powder, but vanilla essence, or vanilla paste would also work fine
2 mashed bananas
1/2 c berries (organic frozen)
1/4C ghee and 1/4C coconut oil
*Can be 1/2 a cup of oil if avoiding ghee, or the ghee can be replaced with butter if butter is not a problem
2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees fan forced
2. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl with a fork
3. Whisk egg replacement (or egg) in separate bowl, add vanilla, bananas, berries, ghee/oil and maple and stir together
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and fold in wet ingredients, do not over mix or it will become hard when cooked
5. Line a baking pan with non-stick paper and spoon mixture in, top with extra berries or banana slices if you like
6. Bake for 35-45 minutes until cooked through and brown on top
7. Serve with your choice of jam, butter, or whipped coconut cream!
Our Whipped Coconut Cream
Put a tin of coconut cream in the fridge overnight (or at least a few hours) so the solids separate from the coconut water, keep the coconut water for smoothies etc and just use the solids for this recipe
I add honey and vanilla to the chilled coconut cream (once separated), and a Tblsp of great lakes gelatin ( the benefits of gelatin ) to help it hold its shape once whipped.
Then place the bowl of ingredients inside a bowl of ice water to keep the cream chilled while I whip it with the beaters until stiff peaks form.
Keep refrigerated until ready to serve!
Enjoy!! My recipes are always created to suit what Little Rose can and can’t have, sometimes they work well… sometimes not so well! Let me know if you like our creations, and please tag Tahi and Rose if you share our recipes 🙂