Nature really does provide the goods!
Vitamin C, the essential vitamin needed to make collagen (which helps make the skin firm, healthy and flexible!) and protect against free radicals can be hard to stabilise when made synthetically, so it’s one of the reasons you’ve probably heard about Kakadu Plum lately, the amazing little plum that grows in the harsh environment of Arnhem Land, right here in Aus.
So what’s the big deal with Kakadu Plum?
- It has the HIGHEST concentration of nutrient-available vitamin C, in the world! Meaning this little Aussie fruit, adds serious results to your skincare regime
- It contains high levels of Gallic acid, meaning it has the top 5 “anti’s” (antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, anti-inflammatory and don’t forget antitumor activities)
- Vitamin C has been shown to protect cells from UV damage (and subsequently protect from aging), reduce wrinkles and improves skin texture
- Contains further trace minerals including vitamin E, zinc, iron, folate and lutein
- It’s our very own superfood…
Tahi and Rose’s Kakadu Plum and Organic Maca blend:
We use Kakadu Plum Powder that is the whole fruit milled into a powder. The fruits are freshly picked and then frozen to maintain nutrients. The plums are then sorted and dehydrated at 40 degrees before being milled into a powder, maintaining its delicate vitamins and nutrients, and blended carefully with organic maca, oats and skin soothing organic herbs to deliver a mega nutrient face powder.
Great for everyday use, reducing the signs of aging and replenishing the skin of its natural essential nutrients.
Supporting the sustainability of Kakadu Plum
As with all our products:
If it is NOT sustainable, we will NOT use it.
(Hence the reason we no longer use pink salt in our soaks and scrubs, click here to read more, sustainability is also the reason we do not use essential oils to merely “scent” our products, if essential oils are to be used, they will be used sparingly and only because they serve as an irreplaceable beneficial ingredient. Essential oils are resource intensive products)
So how do we support the sustainable practice of this precious Australian Native Superfood? We ONLY buy from Kakadu Plum Co., who are committed to supporting the people, the land and the sustainability of the product.
Our Kakadu Plum and Organic Maca Face Powder sells out FAST! If it is out of stock in our online store, send us through your request and we’ll ensure you get your hands on the next batch made!
The Triple Bottom Line: How Today’s Best-Run Companies Are Achieving Economic, Social and Environmental Success – and How You Can Too by Andrew W. Savitz